Check out some pictures of Frank Rizzieri teaching the students – using student Portia Jones as a model.
September 30, 2011
September 28, 2011
Spotlighting colors that comprise six limited edition Petal Essence™ Single Eye Colors, one limited-edition Nourish-Mint™ Sheer Mineral Lip Color and two limited-edition Nourish-Mint™ Smoothing Lip Colors, the collection is inspired by gemstones and is awash in intense and tarnished tints of blue, green, gold and bronze. Burnished monochromes in smoky and gleaming finishes induce interplay of light and dark.
“Jewels of the Earth is a palette of rich, intense tones,” says Janell Geason, global educator for Aveda Makeup. “Metallic, velvety-dark colors reflect depth and nocturnal elegance. The looks suggest a somber, antique and artistic mood, and the notion of old becoming new.”
As for how to look good and work in favor of Mother Earth with this season’s colors, here are Geason’s top five earth friendly ways to stay beautiful and green well into the upcoming season.
* Think waste reduction. Choose products with minimal, recycled or easily recyclable packaging. Consider also cosmetic product containers. Aveda offers Enviro-Metal Compacts made from 30% post-consumer recycled (PCR) aluminum combined with 20% post-industrial recycled aluminum (PIR). The durable, refillable compacts come in a variety of sizes, can hold eye, cheek and lip colors, and allow palette customization—you fill with only products you want and need. Aveda also offers Refillable Lip Color Cases made of recycled material.
* Try before you buy. Sometimes we purchase things we are attracted to, even if they do not suit us. Many brands, including Aveda, offer professional consultations at no cost. A makeup professional can help you pick the right products, show you how to use them and answer any questions you might have about the company’s social and environmental activities. You avoid time, material and monetary waste while getting a little pampering.
* Support organic and sustainable agriculture. Choose products made with plant-based, organic ingredients and/or responsibly sourced components, like Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified wood and paper. Purchasing products with organic and sustainably-sourced ingredients communicates preference and encourages business to pursue responsible business practices.
* Say no to animal testing. Cruelty-free companies are kind to the earth and her inhabitants. Look for products that are beautifully made using high-integrity ingredients; they’ll make you feel event more beautiful, too. Aveda Makeup Brushes are made of soft Taklon – non-animal – bristles.
* Pick up the phone. Check product packages and company websites for customer service contact information. Thank companies who do things right, and call on environmental offenders to get their act together. Visit brands in their digital media venues, too. Comments visible to the public often get a swift response. You’ll set the example for others to speak up, too.
Beautiful and earthy-friendly, it really is possible.
September 27, 2011
Between New York’s Fashion Week models and the celebrities posing on the Emmy Awards red carpet, September gave us a lot of styles and trends to be inspired by—from sleek ponytails to beehives. Straight from the runways, the hairstylists from Matrix have shared the top four trends they expect to take women on and off the red carpet by storm.
2. Glamorous Waves: Long waves, tossed over one shoulder with deep side parts topped many collections during Fashion Week and numerous stars at the Emmy’s. “Glam-with-whimsy” feeling is perfect for lighthearted spring styles and will undoubtedly be embraced by the likes of Christina Aguilera and Jennifer Lopez, says Artistic Designer Franco Della Grazia (who created looks like this for designer Betsey Johnson).
3. Mod Beehives: The beehive is back, but with a twist. “At shows like Diane Von Furstenberg, high bouffants evoked the cool retro elegance of Mad Men’s Christina Hendricks. But rather than traditional sleek and solid shapes, these hives are roughed up and romantic—with lots of texture and even wisps and flyaways,” Matrix Artistic Director, Ammon Carver explains.
4. Scalloped Edges: Braids have made a recent comeback and they are here to stay, if Fashion Week is any indicator.
September 26, 2011
Want to be a smarty pants? There’s a secret weapon to motivate your medulla: eating. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, the food you eat can have benefits far beyond fueling your body. In addition to providing the energy you need, certain foods can amp up your brain power.
Explore the recesses of your refrigerator and you may find foods that science increasingly is crediting with being especially supportive for brain health. These edibles may improve memory, clarify thinking, delay cognitive decline and perhaps even ward off Alzheimer’s disease.
Recent research shows that you may want to include the following on your shopping list more often for brain-strengthening nourishment:
When buying processed or packaged foods containing these ingredients, be sure to read the nutrition labels carefully. Some of these “good” foods may be prepared with high amounts of sugar, fat or salt added to them, resulting in too many calories or too much sodium in your diet. For healthful eating, choose fresh versions of these foods most often and prepare them with low-fat ingredients. Eat processed types in moderation.
For example, you can still get the benefits of pomegranate juice (which has sugar added to offset its tart flavor) by mixing one or two ounces into sparkling water as a spritzer. Cocoa made with nonfat milk gives your brain a boost without adding extra fat. And letting a small piece of dark chocolate melt slowly in your mouth prolongs your enjoyment while keeping your daily intake healthful (one ounce or less).
For brain health as well as overall health, be sure to avoid foods containing saturated fats or trans fats (check those nutrition labels!). Diets that are high in such fats are specifically related to declining brain capabilities.
September 23, 2011
How-To Video – Rizzieri NJ Beauty Schools - All Day Straight Hair
Rizzieri NJ Beauty Schools – The professionals at Rizzieri NJ Beauty Schools know that many of today’s most fashionable hair styles call for smooth, straight hair. If you’ve ever wondered how to get this look without visiting one of the salons, and make it last all-day, watch our video to learn more!
If your hair is frizzy and curly and you would like to have straight hair all day, this video will show you how you can do it without visiting one of the hair salons in New Jersey each time!
How to Get All Day Straight Hair - Rizzieri NJ Beauty Schools
Start by using a high quality smoothing shampoo and conditioner, specifically Smooth Infusion Shampoo and Smooth Infusion Conditioner from Rizzieri NJ Beauty Schools, one of the best hair salons in New Jersey. This will set the stage for fantastically straight hair you don’t have to visit one of the hair salons in New Jersey to get! Then, you are ready to prep for styling. At this point, it is essential to smooth the hair and protect it from heat styling, so you will want to use Style Prep Smoother. (All of these high-quality products can be purchased at Rizzieri NJ Beauty Schools.)
Three to four pumps of Style Prep Smoother is just right for medium length hair. Apply it and then comb through the hair to distribute it evenly.
Now you’re ready to style the hair. To give it that all day straightness and shine you’re used to getting from your hair salon, use Smooth Infusion Glossing Straightener. First, section the hair in two for best results. You might need more glossing straightener in the back where the hair is thicker. For coarse hair, apply the straightener from roots to ends. If you have medium texture hair, you’ll want to apply it from midlength to ends. After doing the back, add straightener to the front of the hair. Then comb through the hair to distribute the Glossing Straightener evenly. (again, this can be purchased at Rizzieri NJ Beauty Schools, one of the best hair salons in New Jersey.)
Although this sounds like a long process, if you follow these instructions and practice a couple of times, you’ll be amazed at how easy it is to make that straight, gorgeous hair that you’ve been envisioning with out visiting one of the many Hair Salons in New Jersey. Visit Rizzieri NJ Beauty Schools to purchase these products or get a personalized consultation!
September 22, 2011
September 21, 2011
1. To get a balanced diet, eat a variety of foods. Choose foods from each of the five major food groups:
September 16, 2011
Hair is a hot commodity for thieves since consumers are willing to pay hundreds of dollars per bundle in an effort to resemble stars’ long locks, like Kim Kardashian. One store in Chicago reports that they were robbed of more than $70,000 worth of human hair. Cities such as Atlanta, Detroit, San Diego and Houston have experienced their share of hair crimes as well. According to several reports, illicit hair markets are even popping up around the country and salon owners have reported random vendors trying to sell them hair.
September 14, 2011
Frank Rizzieri, president of Rizzieri Aveda School, got a shout out from OK! Magazine in their blog about Fashion Week for the Spring 2012 Runway Shows after he provided stunning looks for the models of the Perry Ellis show.
Frank is cited as providing casual, but clean styling. The models individual looks varied from clean cut with slicked back hair to full beards and long flowing curls, all provided by Frank Rizzieri for Aveda.
To read the full article, click here.