Sure, the way you choose to care for your skin plays a role in how quickly you will age, but there’s one aging factor that there’s no controlling: your genes. Similar to how they determine your appearance and your overall health, your genes also dictate at what rate you will age and what areas of the face will age first and be most affected. Even though there is nothing currently available that can be done to genetically alter how you will age, there are many skin-care products that purportedly analyze your DNA and use that information to prescribe a solution to stave off the signs of aging. Keep in mind that most of us tend to age similarly to our parents. It is believed that 75 percent of facial aging is dependent on your genes and the other 25 percent is based on environmental factors.
Is that good news or bad news for you?