Thank you to Dana Persia for joining us this morning and showing our students some makeup demos. She also left our student body with the Top 10 Tips to Becoming a Professional Makeup Artist.
1. Hone your skills. Do LOTS of makeup.
2. Build a kit.
3. Work in various fields (tv, film, fashion, bridal)
4. Provide impeccable customer service.
5. Ask questions.
6. Know your client.
7. Be flexible.
8. Take pictures and/or obtain tear sheets.
9. Build portfolio and website.
10. Do what you love, and the money will follow!