While technology might be replacing some of our most basic grooming tasks, it’s safe to say that most people are still washing their hair manually. That may soon change.
Panasonic’s Hair-Washing Robot is not new. Debuting last year, the “16-fingered” robot is getting an update that will be presented next month at the 8th International Home Care & Rehabilitation Exhibition. The new robot now features 24 “fingers” to shampoo, condition and even dry hair. While a hair-washing robot might seem a little whacky, it is a revolutionary concept for people who have limited mobility. While we expect these robots to first appear in hospitals and nursing homes, we wouldn’t be too surprised if they eventually popped up in hair salons.
There’s no doubt a balanced and healthy diet is beneficial to your overall health, but research suggests it’s also beneficial to your oral health. For a healthier smile, try following these tips courtesy of the American Dental Association.
1. To get a balanced diet, eat a variety of foods. Choose foods from each of the five major food groups:
breads, cereals and other grain products
meat, poultry and fish
milk, cheese and yogurt
2. Limit the number of snacks that you eat. Each time you eat food that contains sugars, the teeth are attacked by acids for 20 minutes or more.
3. If you do snack, choose nutritious foods, such as cheese, raw vegetables, plain yogurt or a piece of fruit.
4. Don’t skip meals. Foods that are eaten as part of a meal cause less harm. More saliva is released during a meal, which helps wash foods from the mouth and helps lessen the effects of acids.
5. Brush twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste that has the American Dental Association Seal of Acceptance.
6. Clean between your teeth daily with floss or interdental cleaners.
7. Visit your dentist regularly to help prevent problems from occurring and catch those that do occur while they are easy to treat.
Last weekend, reality TV star, Holly Madison, received the “Beautiful Humanitarian Award” at the Pro Beauty Association’s North American Hairstyling Awards in Las Vegas for her charitable work with organizations such as PETA and the Animal Foundation of Las Vegas. Lighting up the red carpet, with her bright blonde strands, Holly shared some of her own beauty secrets.
Surprisingly, Holly doesn’t rely on hairstylists as much as we think. “While I love the work professional hairstylists do, I really enjoy doing my own hair,” she says. “I want to learn how to do more updos and fancy styles to keep my look fresh.” Want to know the beauty secret behind her signature platinum locks? Hair serum. “I always put serum on my hair to keep it moisturized, shiny and smelling good. Then I usually throw it in a bun or ponytail for the day until I have to get more glammed up for work,” the blonde bombshell revealed.
Do you use hair serum? Which is your favorite?
Although the summer is here in full swing, our students are still hard at work in our Student Salon at Rizzieri Aveda School. Check out a few images of our students working it!