AVEDA TREND REPORT
NEW YORK FASHION WEEK SPRING|SUMMER 2013
Frank Rizzieri and Kevin Ryan for Aveda style high-shine, streamlined ponies for the Richard Chai Spring Summer 2013 Fashion Show.
“Richard’s collection is sporty and modern, and he plays with proportion – nothing is exactly as you’d have imagined it,” says Kevin Ryan. “We’re slicking the hair back into a low ponytail with asymmetrical partings on top of the head. At first glance it looks like a regular pony, but look again and you notice something’s a little off.”
GET THE LOOK:
PHOTOGRAPHY BY JON GURINSKY FOR AVEDA
|1) Prep damp hair from roots to ends with Aveda Pure Abundance Style Prep; blowdry straight with a Mason Pearson brush.
2) Flat iron hair in sections, working from nape to crown.
3) Create a square section on top of the head by parting hair along the parietal ridge. Secure on top of head with an elastic.
4) Smooth out bottom section with a fine-toothed comb and mist with Aveda Air Control Hair Spray to control flyaways.
|5) Secure bottom section into a low pony at the base of the head; flat iron loose ends to completely smooth out the pony. Hold in place with Air Control Hair Spray.
6) Release the top section of hair and flat iron to remove any kinks. Brush toward the right ear, making a clean parting on the left.
7) Emulsify a dime-sized dollop of Flax Seed Aloe Gel and smooth it over the top of the hair for shine and hold.
|8) Starting at the point where the left parting meets the forehead, make another part diagonal across the head, creating two asymmetrical sections on top of the head.
9) Pull each section back and secure into the pony at the nape, maintaing clearly defined partings.
10) Flatten flyaways with a fine-toothed comb or soft brush and Air Control Hair Spray.
11) Finish with a generous coating of Brilliant Spray-On Shine for a gloss.